Vonage Selects TCS For VoIP E911 Service

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Tue Jul 19 06:48:14 UTC 2005

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005, Daniel Senie wrote:

> use the customer's billing address, attempt to determine location based
> on IP address or some other voodoo? It'll be interesting to see if they

If you look at the webpage of telecomsystems (http://www.telecomsys.com)
they state that their platform is GPS based.

I see no other way of doing this reliably than to put some kind of GPS
device into the VoIP unit.

Article regarding indoor GPS and other locator service.

<http://www.gpsworld.com/gpsworld/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=3053>

If you can put a locator into a cellphone, I see no reason why you cannot
do the same in a VoIP unit.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se