Not exactly a policy issue, more of a technical issue.

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Sat Jul 16 23:00:04 UTC 2005

	I'm having a problem with a catalyst 6500 series switch, wherein
certain users connected to said switch report that high numbered UDP
ports 27015, etc are unreachable even though there are no access-lists
anywhere in my network preventing these ports from being available. I
recently took the advice of many on this list and got the cat, we're
switching from the Extremes over to the Cisco models slowly, and I'm
sure this could possibly be something I'm doing wrong, but I'm not too
certain as to what could cause it to "firewall" certain UDP ports unless
there is some sort of advanced security setting I accidentally enabled
when I was reading through cymru's template (although the only things I
adopted were NTP, logging and a few other things like MAC address
security [ thanks by the way for the great document]).

	None of the nmap port scans show the high number ports
listening.

	By the way, if I take that same server and connect it to one of
the Black Diamond's that is connected to the same upstream router (the
switches are all hanging off of a 12000.) The port seems to be
available, so the problem seems localized to just that 6500.

	Sorry if this is off-topic, but I wasn't entirely sure if it was
or not.

Thanks,
-Drew