"Leaky Coax" [was: London incidents]

Matt Ghali matt at snark.net
Thu Jul 14 17:48:22 UTC 2005

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005, Adam Rothschild wrote:

  As I understand it, cellular service in the tunnels is provided by
  cells co-located in the Weehawken, NJ and New York City, NY vent
  buildings, with "leaky coax" cable shared by all carriers running
  inside the tubes.

I was intrigued by the concept, and did a bit of googling. I managed
to dig up a fascinating article on the applications for "leaky coax"
antennas, in the tunnels we are discussing, to boot!

http://wirelessreview.com/mag/wireless_trouble_tunnels/

matto

              The only thing necessary for the triumph
              of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke