London incidents

Steve Sobol sjsobol at JustThe.net
Wed Jul 13 02:24:38 UTC 2005

Jim Popovitch wrote:

> I think the world has shown that cellphones have been used over and over
> to detonate explosive devices.  Why wait for it to be proved again
> before doing something?  AFAIK "Emergency Only" mode allows for 911
> calls,

And means nothing if power is cut to the cell sites and you can't connect to
anything. Emergency mode only works where there is a signal.

> -Jim P. (who is tired of being caught in traffic behind weaving,
> slowing/speeding, hand-waving and head-shaking, cellphone "drivers")

Well, Jim, it's a good thing that your dislike of cellphone drivers isn't
completely orthogonal to this discussion, eh?

It also doesn't make you sound biased.

--
JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol at JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

"Life's like an hourglass glued to the table"   --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"