DNS .US outage

Steven J. Sobol sjsobol at JustThe.net
Sun Jul 10 05:34:19 UTC 2005

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, Michael Painter wrote:

> In case other Win users aren't aware:
>
> http://www.samspade.org/ssw/features.html

Do be aware that the WHOIS functionality is out of date - it doesn't know
to search whois.publicinterestregistry.org for .ORG domains, for example.

The source code is available, and I have a copy and am planning to create
an updated package based on SS (no, it won't be the next version of SS),
but it won't be finished for a while (I've *barely* just started working
on it).

Other than that, it's a great piece of software.

--
JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol at JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

"Life's like an hourglass glued to the table"   --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"