OMB: IPv6 by June 2008

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Jul 8 09:17:58 UTC 2005

At 1:59 AM -0700 2005-07-08, Alexei Roudnev wrote:

>  You do not need to - any router have only `1 - 10% of all routing table
>  active,

	And do you have evidence to back up this claim?

>          and it is always possible to optimize these alghoritms.

	Please feel free to do so.  Then come back to us when you're done.

>  On the other hand - what's wrong with 4Gb on line card in big core router?

	Because most of them aren't capable of supporting that?  Maybe
only the most expensive line cards which cost tens of thousands of
dollars for just one card, and you have to have dozens or hundreds of
such cards for a large Tier-1 network?  Not to mention the hundreds
of thousands or millions of dollars that you have to spend to get the
ultra high-end chassis into which the expensive line cards have to be
plugged in?

>  It's cheap enough, even today. And we have not 1,000,000 routes yet.

	The please feel free to upgrade the entire Internet, and come
back to us when you're done.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755