OMB: IPv6 by June 2008

Alexei Roudnev alex at relcom.net
Thu Jul 7 16:53:01 UTC 2005

We have relatively PI address space in IPv4, which works fine, even with
current routers. No any problem to hold the whole world-wide routing with a
future ones. Is it a pproblem keeping 500,000 routess in core routers? Of
course, it is not (it was in 1996, but it is not in 2005 and it will not be
in 2008 - even if you will have 1,000,000 routes). IPv6 schema was build to
resolve problem which do not exists anymore (with fast CPU and cheap memory
and ASIC's).

I mean - when people switched from IPv4 to IPv6, they changed too much and
too hard, trying to implement all their ideas. Result is terrible.

IPSec - compare SSH and IPSec. Compare IPSec and PPTP. No, IPSec is
extremely bad thing.