London incidents

Fergie (Paul Ferguson) fergdawg at netzero.net
Thu Jul 7 13:50:39 UTC 2005

Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone in London.

with regard to telecommunications services, Tim
Richardson writes in The Register:

[snip]

Phone networks have been jammed today following a
series of blasts that hit London's public transport
network this morning.

Mobile networks in particular have been put under
pressure as people use their phones to contact friends
and family following the explosions.

In a statement Vodafone said: "Understandably we are
experiencing significant network congestion but we are
working closely with the emergency services.

"In these circumstances, we would ask all of our
customers in Central London to avoid making unnecessary
or lengthy phone calls.

BT has also reported that its network is intact although
it is witnessing a massive spike in calls.

[snip]

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/07/07/london_phone/

- ferg

-- "Neil J. McRae" <neil at DOMINO.ORG> wrote:

Mobile networks have been switched in to emergency services only owing
to congestion and concern that devices may be activated by mobile.
However the cause of some of the these incidents is still not clear.

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg at netzero.net or fergdawg at sbcglobal.net