OMB: IPv6 by June 2008

David Conrad david.conrad at nominum.com
Thu Jul 7 07:01:12 UTC 2005

On Jul 6, 2005, at 10:16 PM, Alexei Roudnev wrote:
> IPv6 address allocation schema is terrible (who decided to use SP
> dependent
> spaces?),

Well, to date, provider based addressing works (although there were
times when it was a close thing).  Your alternative?

> security is terrible (who designed IPSec protocol?) and so so on.

I wouldn't say terrible.  Annoying, perhaps, but security is often
like that.  Your alternative?

> Unfortunately, it can fail only if something else will be created,
> which do
> not looks so.

The "something else" already exists, although many are unhappy about
it.  It has evolved a bit -- it's now called NUTSS (http://
nutss.gforge.cis.cornell.edu/)... :-)

Rgds,
-drc