Enable BIND cache server to resolve chinese domain name?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Jul 6 21:39:13 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 01:25:57PM +0100, Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com wrote:
> Personally, I think that the Internet is too young
> and we have too little experience with multilingual
> naming to engineer an Internationalised Domain Naming
> solution that solves the problem once and for all.
> This means that we should be ready for more than one
> iteration to get to the solution.

Alas, we didn't get it done before the 'consumers' noticed...

which means there will be much more pain involved in getting the
engineering right.

Cheers,
-- jra
Designer                +-Internetworking------+----------+           RFC 2100
Ashworth & Associates   |  Best Practices Wiki |          |            '87 e24
St Petersburg FL USA    http://bestpractices.wikicities.com    +1 727 647 1274

      If you can read this... thank a system administrator.  Or two.  --me