Need BOGIES list

william(at)elan.net william at elan.net
Wed Jul 6 19:13:28 UTC 2005

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005, Geoff White wrote:

> Hello All.
> I'm having trouble with Cracking Attempts  and DoS attacks from a lot of
> places in China :)
> My client doesn't do any business in that region so they don't mind If I
> block the entire sub-continent :)
> Does anyone have a bad-guy list (or part of one) that I can use to get
> started?
> I'm using pf under OpenBSD 3.7 as a firewall box.

IP blocks allocated to organizations in various countries (updated daily):
  http://www.completewhois.com/statistics/data/ips-bycountry/rirstats/

Configuring firewall (openbsd way on the buttom, replace bogon example
with appropriate other list you want):
  http://www.completewhois.com/bogons/using_bogon_lists.htm#firewall_examples

CIDR -> firewall scripts for some systems (not needed for openbsd which
accepts cidr ip block list directly with ph):
  http://www.completewhois.com/bogons/data/scripts/

P.S. Still looking for somebody to document and if necessary provide
scripts on how to do it with netbsd, aix, hpux. Volunteers?
(and I'll do solaris myself if I ever get around to it...)

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks
william at elan.net