OMB: IPv6 by June 2008

Scott McGrath mcgrath at fas.harvard.edu
Wed Jul 6 15:41:07 UTC 2005

You do make some good points as IPv6 does not address routing scalability
or multi-homing which would indeed make a contribution to lower OPEX and
be easier to 'sell' to the financial people.

As I read the spec it makes multi-homing more difficult since you are
expected to receive space only from your SP there will be no 'portable
assignments' as we know them today.  If my reading of the spec is
incorrect someone please point me in the right direction.

IPv6's hex based nature is really a joy to work with IPv6 definitely fails
the human factors part of the equation.

                            Scott C. McGrath