Enable BIND cache server to resolve chinese domain name?

Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com
Mon Jul 4 14:02:36 UTC 2005

>    Shall we have a separate root for each and every ethnic group in the
world?

We could always create a gTLD in which the second level
uses the ISO 639 codes for languages. That would have the
same effect as giving each ethnic group a "root" especially
if we require that each linguistic group establish a
non-profit association to manage their 2LD.

Unfortunately the Flemish would still have to settle
for being grouped in with the Dutch. Unless they can
convince the ISO that Flemish really is a separate
language. Compare this to the situation with Serbian
and Croatian. One language became two because the
catholics decided to use a latin alphabet, the orthodox
decided to use a cyrillic alphabet and they did lots
of shooting.

--Michael Dillon