Enable BIND cache server to resolve chinese domain name?

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Mon Jul 4 12:33:22 UTC 2005

At 5:45 PM +0530 2005-07-04, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

>                                                   On the other hand,
>  .tw and .cn are quite likely to find sharing the same namespace very
>  tough ..

	Okay, so the bigger problem is Taiwan versus China, or maybe
Japan versus China, or maybe any other ethnic group/country that has
issues with any other ethnic group/country.

	How about the Flemish versus the Walloons?  Shall we split up .be
into two separate roots?  Oh, wait, there's the German-speaking
portion in the far eastern part of the country....

	Shall we have a separate root for each and every ethnic group in the world?

	Hey, here's an idea -- everyone in the world get their own
separate root.  Heck, let's be really silly -- let's go ahead an
issue a separate root zone for each and every atomic particle in
existence throughout the Universe.  That should only take up a few
hundred bits of space in every address....

	The first step down this road is the most dangerous.  It's the
one that seems the most plausible.  The most likely to help, and not
to hurt.  And the next step seems pretty plausible, too.  And the
third.  And the fourth.

	But this way lies madness.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755