Enable BIND cache server to resolve chinese domain name?

Suresh Ramasubramanian ops.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 11:25:13 UTC 2005

On 04/07/05, Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com <Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com> wrote:

> I think that the marketing people are going to win
> this one. There is no marketable benefit to the ICANN
> root zone but there are clear advantages for countries
> using non-Latin alphabets to switch to a root zone that
> allows for their own language to be used in domain names.
> Turkey was recently mentioned and that is also a country
> that uses a non-Latin alphabet.

There is a lot of IDN fun to be had with several competing - and
incompatible - technologies, each pushed by rival providers so that
there is practically no incentive to interoperate.

Some amusingly planted puff pieces, and other clumsy attempts at PR as
well .. http://www.circleid.com/article/1074_0_1_0_C/ for example

Ignore them and they'll either go the hell away or spend some time
fighting against each other and kill each other off.  And the public
root people can continue using their intranet domains I guess.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists at gmail.com)