Enable BIND cache server to resolve chinese domain name?

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Mon Jul 4 08:35:55 UTC 2005

At 8:46 PM -0700 2005-07-03, william(at)elan.net wrote:

>  On Sun, 3 Jul 2005, John Palmer (NANOG Acct) wrote:
>
>>  ICANN has no right to claim that they are the authority for the namespace.
>>  They are NOT. Also note the word PUBLIC in PUBLIC-ROOT.
>
>  Yeh, that's just great - "PUBLIC" being used in propoganda compaign to
>  create what appears to be private internet in China...

	Sounds kind of like the People's Democratic Republic of China, to
me.  In that it is neither democratic nor a republic, that is.

	Lots of words tend to get highly abused in this world, many times
to mean anything but the original usage.  Public is one of them.
CAN-SPAM now means "I *can* spam".

	Nothing new here, move along....

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755