Fundamental changes to Internet architecture

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Jul 4 02:07:17 UTC 2005

On Sun, Jul 03, 2005 at 02:08:39PM -0700, Joel Jaeggli wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Jul 2005, J.D. Falk wrote:
> > On 07/03/05, "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> >> How do we *know* there are no fundamentally new great concepts ...
> >> unless we *try a lot of stuff*.
> >
> > 	Trying stuff is good -- until something's tried, none of us can
> > 	really know what it'll do.  At what point do entirely off-network
> > 	experiments become on-topic for nanog?  (I doubt anyone has an
> > 	easy answer, I just wanted to throw the question out there.)
> >
> >> How many light bulbs did Edison throw away?
>
> edison didn't invent the light bulb...

So he didn't.  And me a regular Wikipedian...</ot>

Cheers,
-- jra
Designer                +-Internetworking------+----------+           RFC 2100
Ashworth & Associates   |  Best Practices Wiki |          |            '87 e24
St Petersburg FL USA    http://bestpractices.wikicities.com    +1 727 647 1274

      If you can read this... thank a system administrator.  Or two.  --me