NTIA will control the root name servers?

Suresh Ramasubramanian ops.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 03:46:12 UTC 2005

On 03/07/05, John Palmer (NANOG Acct) <nanog at adns.net> wrote:

> Already entire nations are dropping ICANN. China for one and now
> Turkey.

You know something .. the turks, or at least one minor government /
industry department there, seem to have been drinking the public root
koolaid.

> (TBD) and Unified Identity Technology (UNIDT), officials announced on Wednesday.
>
> Access to TLDs is supported by a federation called Public-Root, which emerged due to

Oh well

As for china they have been saying a whole lot of things, several
quite contradictory to each other

For now they're [I think] pressing for more accountablity + oversight
role for the ICANN GAC ..

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists at gmail.com)