Fundamental changes to Internet architecture

Fergie (Paul Ferguson) fergdawg at netzero.net
Fri Jul 1 15:18:34 UTC 2005

Well, it _is_ research, after all...  :-)

- ferg

-- John Kristoff <jtk at northwestern.edu> wrote:

> With all respect to Dave, and not to sound too skeptical,
> but we're pretty far along in our current architecture to
> "fundamentally" change, don't you think (emphasis on
> fundamentally)?

>From the article it seems clear that the focus is on 'new', not
'changed'.  No need (and probably little likelihood now) to change
this architecture if you don't want to, but a new architecture may
come along that make this one seem quite outmoded.

I'm skeptical about something truly new coming from this specific
project, but I hope it comes from somewhere.  With any luck someday
we'll be referred to as those 'old interphants'.  :-)

John

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg at netzero.net or fergdawg at sbcglobal.net