OMB: IPv6 by June 2008

Todd Underwood todd at renesys.com
Fri Jul 1 00:37:43 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 01:21:33PM -0400, Edward Lewis wrote:

> Having been in the US gov't (too) at the time of GOSIP, there were
> three reasons why I never used it much:
[...]
> 3) There was no tidbit of information available over the network that
> was on a server that spoke only GOSIP and not TCP/IP.  (No compelling
> reason.)

this is telling in this context.

where is the service that is available only on IPv6? i can't seem to
find it.

maybe that's because i use the Internet for my daily activities (as
does everyone else, including people in asia) rather than some
non-internet, incompatible, no-migration-plan-protocol-based network.

manually configured tunnels forver!  (until we stop caring or come up
with a real reason to migrate to something else, by which plan maybe
we can have a migration plan and a better protocol suite with
multi-homing).