Port 25 filters - how many here deploy them bidirectionally?

Bob Martin bob at buckhorn.net
Tue Jan 25 19:34:10 UTC 2005

After this post, we did some real digging.

The timing of the ever lower levels of spew from our dial up pool
coincides with the blocking of the MS NetBios ports, and the
implementation of full outbound email scanning (both AV and spam). By
full scanning, I mean we treat all email as untrusted, regardles of
where it originates.

We've evidently made it harder to turn the boxen into zombies, and time
and entropy have started to clean up the ones that where there.