marking dynamic ranges, was fixing insecure email infrastructure

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue Jan 25 17:51:43 UTC 2005

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:43:06 PST, "J.D. Falk" said:

> 	(I'm also surprised you need 300 servers to handle such a small
> 	load -- what is that, ~3333 messages per server per day?)

Some mail software scales better than others. ;)

And yes, we *DID* have one large software vendor admit that at the time,
they'd need a 300-system cluster to handle all our 70K users.  We ended up
with a single Sun system instead.  Not sure if said vendor scales any better now -
we have like 6 or 7 machines to handle the 2,000 or so users we have on their
package (but that's including test and backup boxes...)