Those interested in NANOG governance, please read...

John Fraizer nanog at enterzone.net
Mon Jan 24 22:40:28 UTC 2005

Michael Loftis wrote:

> I made an attempt this past weekend to get INOC-DBA setup on our
> Asterisk system and ran into lack of documentation and inaccurate/wrong
> documentation on the inoc-dba site.  Specifically I had/have no way of
> adding a phone because the ASNxxxxxxnn format for MAV address just
> results in an 'invalid MAC address' error message.  I'm also not quite
> clear on why there's not a 'asterisk users click here' instead because
> asterisk users don't need the config file.  I haven't had a chance to
> pose the question to the list and searching via google yielded very
> little information.

Here is an example of how I have our Asterisk set up for INOC-DBA:

In sip.conf:

register => 65534*123:password at inoc-dba.pch.net/65534*123

[inoc-dba-ext]
type=friend
host=inoc-dba.pch.net
username=65534*123
context=inoc-dba-in
canreinvite=no

In extensions.conf:

[inoc-dba-in]
exten => _65534*X.,1,SetCallerID(${CALLERIDNAME} <${CALLERIDNUM}>|a)
exten => _65534*X.,2,Goto(extensions,${EXTEN:6},1)

[extensions]
exten => 123,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN})
exten => 123,2,Hangup()

John