Emergency Internet Backbone Provider Maintenance Tonight

JP Velders jpv at veldersjes.net
Sun Jan 23 11:06:26 UTC 2005

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005, Darrell Kristof (CE CEN) wrote:

> Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 21:52:30 -0600
> From: "Darrell Kristof (CE CEN)" <Darrell.Kristof at wholefoods.com>
> To: nanog at merit.edu
> Subject: Emergency Internet Backbone Provider Maintenance Tonight

> [ ... ]
> I'm trying to find out what vendor it involves and the details
> behind it. I understand it's still under NDA, but I'm sure someone
> out there knows more.

It would appear to be Juniper:
https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/juniper-nsp/2005-January/003489.html

Current info I have is that updated aka special images are being
pushed to resellers and support partners. And that a formal advisory
is probably planned for late january or early february. BTW, this is
Nth hand info...

As to what the problem is, well, current info is too vague...

Regards,
JP Velders
(a potential Juniper customer, who's updating his RFP security section)