Please Check Filters - BOGON Filtering IP Space 72.14.128.0/19

Christopher L. Morrow christopher.morrow at mci.com
Fri Jan 21 05:54:42 UTC 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, James Laszko wrote:

> > Wash, rinse, repeat for the other 70,000 routers you manage for
> > customers... This is definitely NOT a half-rack in a colo fix. Just
> > contacting the customers is a feat.
>
> In the same hand, do you know how hard it was to get in touch with
> someone at SBC/SBC-IS/PBI/PacBell that knew what the heck I was talking
> about -- much less someone that might be able to do something about it?
> Every group wanted to point their finger at some other group in the
> company...

Sure, start with the customer and convince them that there is a problem.
SBC has, like
sprint/att/mci/qwest/abovenet/blah-provider-of-managed-services 12 groups
that do 'similar' things for 'managed customers'. Fighting their phone
tree as a non-customer is a fruitless effort. Fighting the phone-tree for
gov't agency #13 to let them know that some of their 'customers' aren't
able to reach them might prove simpler.

-Chris