New Virus in the wild

Jason Frisvold xenophage0 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 14:19:27 UTC 2005

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 08:58:32 -0500, Nils Ketelsen
<nils.ketelsen at kuehne-nagel.com> wrote:

> McAfee knows about this Virus since last week, but decided
> it was not worth an update of their regular patterns. Thank you for this
> policy of slow updates, I will see that I get a vendor that acts
> in time, I guess.

Might I suggest ClamAV?  http://www.clamav.com

ClamAV, while being open source, seems to have an incredibly fast
response time to new virii.  I've seen new virii caught by Clam 8-10
hours before the "big" vendors catch them.

I understand the need to have a vendor supported product, but having
clamav in the mix helps tremendously...

And there's a windows version as well (albeit, by another developer)
...  http://www.clamwin.net

--
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
XenoPhage0 at gmail.com