panix.com recovery in progress

Alexei Roudnev alex at relcom.net
Mon Jan 17 06:44:58 UTC 2005

There is more sertious problem here.

I can image 2 kinds of transfer:
- (1) domain is transferred WITHOUT CHANGES to the new registrar. Notice -
WITHOUT CHANGES. New registrar
should not change diomain without explicit order from owner.

- (2) Domain is expired and, after reasonable HOLD period, is transferred to
the new owner (and more likely new registrar). I can happen with the unused
domain only, or with domain which is expired.

In no case can 2 events happen together; if it happen, it is 100% indication
of hajacking. If someone want domain to be delegated to the new owner, he
91) change registrar if necessary, and (2) change donain owner.

All other approaches are very dangerous.