fwd: Re: [registrars] Re: panix.com hijacked

Daniel Karrenberg daniel.karrenberg at ripe.net
Sun Jan 16 18:21:55 UTC 2005

On 16.01 12:46, William Allen Simpson wrote:

> [...]

A quick survey of some caching servers in my neighborhood reveals that
some of them return "old/correct" A RRs for panix.com at this time.
Following the DNS delegation chain from the root name servers provides
"new/hijacked" answers at this time. So I assume some operators of caching
servers now choose to provide data that is inconsistent with the
authoritative data in the DNS tree. So depending on where you ask, your
answer may vary.

Daniel