seed resolvers? Re: panix.com hijacked (VeriSign refuses to help)

Petra Zeidler zeidlerp at de.cw.net
Sun Jan 16 11:28:28 UTC 2005

Hi,

Thus wrote Alexei Roudnev (alex at relcom.net):

> What happen if someone stole 'aol.com'domain tomorrow?  Or 'microsoft.com'?
> How much damage will be done until this sleeping behemots wake up, set up a
> meeting (in Tuesday I believe - because Monday is a holiday), make any
> decision, open a toicket, pass thru change control and restore domain? 5
> days?

I remember that in a similar case in .de several larger ISPs put the
previous ('correct') zone on their resolvers. Would
a) people here feel that is an appropriate measure for this case
b) do it on their resolvers
c) the panix.com people want that to happen in the first place?

regards,
	Petra Zeidler