panix.com hijacked (VeriSign refuses to help)

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Sun Jan 16 11:27:22 UTC 2005

--On Sunday, January 16, 2005 07:40 +0000 Thor Lancelot Simon
<tls at NetBSD.org> wrote:

> The purported current admin contact appears to be a couple in Las Vegas
> who are probably the victims of a joe job.  A little searching will
> reveal that people by that name really *do* live at the address given,
> and that one of the phone numbers given is a slightly obfuscated form
> of a Las Vegas number that either now or in the recent past belonged to
> one of them.

AS a sort of aside the other phone numbers referenced there are Nampa, ID
wireless cells...AT&T wireless I believe.  A quick check on nanpa.com
agrees with that.

It's possible those numbers might be far more interesting since they stand
out.  *shrugs*