panix.com hijacked (VeriSign refuses to help)

Alexei Roudnev alex at relcom.net
Sun Jan 16 09:07:33 UTC 2005

I addition, there is a good rule for such situations:
- first, return everything to _previous_ state;
- having it fixed in previous state, allow time for laywers, disputes and so
on to resolve a problem.

It makes VeriSign position very strange (of course, it is dumb clueless
behemot as it was all the time around) - instead of saying _OK, let's return
last transactions and then you can object this change_, they just step out.
Problem is much more serious than just one stolen domain - it shows 100%
that VeriSign is not able to manage  domain system properly.

What happen if someone stole 'aol.com'domain tomorrow?  Or 'microsoft.com'?
How much damage will be done until this sleeping behemots wake up, set up a
meeting (in Tuesday I believe - because Monday is a holiday), make any
decision, open a toicket, pass thru change control and restore domain? 5
days?