fixing insecure email infrastructure (was: Re: [eweek article] Window of "an

Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine brunner at nic-naa.net
Thu Jan 13 13:14:09 UTC 2005

> Of course, I know that. I just mentioned Africa because, in many
> countries in Africa, it is simply impossible to get a PTR
> record. That's a fact, there are many reasons behind.

Howdy Stephane,

It is also an area where many cctld operators maintain their registration
data using spreadsheets, and "whois" isn't :43.

Not an issue of activel malfeasence, other than early adopter attitudes
towards late, and challenged adopters. As you note, there are many reasons
behind [it, the impossibility to get a PTR record or a :43 server connect].

Eric