fixing insecure email infrastructure (was: Re: [eweek article] Window of "anonym

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Thu Jan 13 11:18:58 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 10:59:43AM -0500,
 Steven Champeon <schampeo at hesketh.com> wrote
 a message of 98 lines which said:

> 0) for the love of God, Montresor, just block port 25 outbound
> already.

If there is no escape / exemption (as proposed by William Leibzon),
then, as a consumer, I scream "OVER MY DEAD BODY!!!".

I want to be able to manage an email server when I subscribe to an
ISP.

In any case, it would no longer be "Internet access". See the
Internet-Draft draft-klensin-ip-service-terms-04.txt, "Terminology for
Describing Internet Connectivity".