[eweek article] Window of "anonymity" when domain exists, whois not updated yet

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Tue Jan 11 16:24:24 UTC 2005

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, David Barak wrote:

> seriously, there have been various proposals ([ADV],
> etc) to facilitate "legit UCE," but that hasn't slowed
> the arms race.  How would you recommend that we make
> it easier for legit businesses?

Legit businesses do not use spam.  The phrase "Legit UCE" is similar to
"Legit fraud" or "Legit theft".

If legit businesses want to use "SCE" or solicited commercial email, then
such email is expected to be received and welcomed by the recipient and
by definition not spam.

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Administration - jay at west.net
WestNet:  Connecting you to the planet.  805 884-6323      WB6RDV
NetLojix Communications, Inc.  -  http://www.netlojix.com/