IBGP Question --- Router Reflector or iBGP Mesh

Erik Haagsman erik at we-dare.net
Tue Jan 11 12:38:36 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 13:09, Daniel Roesen wrote:
> One of the main problems of route reflection is that the best path
> decision is done centrally. The best route is not seen as from the
> router making the forwarding decision, but from the route reflector's
> point of view. Depending on network topology, geographic spread end
> peering/transit topo, this might/will have significant negative effects.

This is where good use of clusters and logical network design are
necessary, but I don't think this is a route-reflector specific problem,
more a general networking problem once your network starts groing and
you start deploying a more complex edge/core based topology. I don't
think this is a reason to not use reflection as oppossed to full mesh.

Cheers,

--
---
Erik Haagsman