Weekly Routing Table Report

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Sat Jan 8 00:37:45 UTC 2005

--On Friday, January 07, 2005 18:15 -0600 Jerry Pasker <info at n-connect.net>
wrote:

> This was about the weekly routing table report, but I'm going to bring in
> some numbers from the CIDR report.
>
> It would be back down to 140k if the "dirty 30"  top offenders in the
> CIDR Report would aggregate their routes.
>
> Someone's going to have to draw a line in the sand at some point, and
> someone thinking locally and acting globally is going to be punished by
> the globe.  Don't ask me how this could work, because I don't have an
> answer.

Yeah I've been noticing this problem myself too...I'm between 150k and 151k
at my various peers.  Most of the gear at my edges should be fine well past
the 250,000 mark or so, but I know of people who are having problems right
now, even if they don't know it.

What, really, could be done to curtail these offenders?

--
GPG/PGP --> 0xE736BD7E 5144 6A2D 977A 6651 DFBE 1462 E351 88B9 E736 BD7E