minimum requirements for a full bgp feed

Christopher Woodfield rekoil at semihuman.com
Tue Jan 4 16:54:56 UTC 2005

256M should be considered a minimum. As far back as a year ago it was
dicey to run BGP with 128M...you could load the table, but a BGP flap
would cause MALLOCFAILs aplenty. If there's a router out there that can
hold today's table in 128M, it won't stay that way for long.

How may BGP peers are you planning on homing on this box? If you're
looking at more than a handful, I'd even say that 256M may not be
enough for long...

-C