Active and available abuse desks

Matt Hess mhess at solarius.org
Tue Jan 4 04:49:16 UTC 2005

I'm curious as to what people feel is pro-active for the internet
community as far as an available and active abuse desk goes.. As of late
I run into more and more automated groups who I personally think are
very wrong for forcing reports to come in via e-mail or web submission only.

The argument I have been presented is that those ISP's should not have
to offer an actual human being on an abuse desk for non-customers as
they make no money on it.

My take is that this is an inherent expense to having customers.. that
expense is part of being involved with the internet and should be
expected of a provider who wishes to be taken seriously in the internet
community.

*dons flame retardant.. well, everything*

Matt Hess