minimum requirements for a full bgp feed

Joe Maimon jmaimon at ttec.com
Mon Jan 3 20:00:19 UTC 2005

Mark Bojara wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> If I wish to purchase a Cisco router that handles a full internet BGP
> feed what are the minimum specs I should be looking at?
>
> Regards
> Mark Bojara

Somewhat on topic, saw this today

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCef51906

     CSCef51906 Bug Details

Headline      BGP: reduce CPU impact of scanner
Product      all     Model
Component      bgp     Duplicate of
Severity      3  Severity help     Status      Resolved  Status help
First Found-in Version      12.2S   All affected versions     First
Fixed-in Version      12.3(12.3)T, 12.2(27.7)S
Release Notes

This ddts reduces the amount of CPU required by the "BGP Scanner" process.