SMTP Port Blocking: Success or Failure?

Jason Nealis nealis at rcn.com
Mon Feb 28 18:38:33 UTC 2005

We put our blocks in place some time ago, Mainly on the Cable Modem side. We found
our userbase was very prone to becoming zombie agents for spam.  We did
enhance our static i.p product by allowing statics to have port 25 open, this
averted any real business class customers to continue to function.

The benifiet was seen pretty quick here,  That in combination with
some throttles permiting the standard customer only to send 400emails
in a hour has cleaned us up pretty significantly.

Jason

On Sat, Feb 26, 2005 at 07:04:26PM -0600, Claydon, Tom stated

--

------
Jason Nealis