UN Panel Aims to End Internet Tug of War by July

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Fri Feb 25 01:41:16 UTC 2005

yOn Thu, 24 Feb 2005, William Warren wrote:

> If the UN wants control of the INET WE invented.  Let them build their own.

I think people get confused about who the stake holders in internet
operation/governance really are... certainly ICANN allways was when I was
actively observing it.

The stake holders with the most to lose are ordinary enduser consumers of
interenet services. They just want to get their work / entertainment /
communication done, and to the extent that technocrats, bureaucrats ,
crimnals , extremely greedy businesses , and rogue governments setup
barriers that impede them from doing that they lose.

Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu