AOL scomp

Vinny Abello vinny at tellurian.com
Thu Feb 24 22:02:23 UTC 2005

At 03:08 PM 2/24/2005, Matthew Crocker wrote:

>Due to AOL scomp and SPF we have stopped forwarding all together.
>Existing accounts are grandfathered and we are working on migrating them
>all to IMAP-SSL.  ALL new accounts have to IMAP their mail from our
>servers.  I get  WAY too much junk from forwarded mail going to AOL.  I
>also get way too many tech support calls about forwarded mail being
>rejected because of SPF
>
>-Matt

Forwarded mail shouldn't be rejected as a result of SPF if your mail server
is using SRS to rewrite the from addresses in the "mail from" part of the
SMTP transaction of the forwarded emails... as long as your SPF record
isn't messed up of course. :)

Vinny Abello
Network Engineer
Server Management
vinny at tellurian.com
(973)300-9211 x 125
(973)940-6125 (Direct)
PGP Key Fingerprint: 3BC5 9A48 FC78 03D3 82E0  E935 5325 FBCB 0100 977A

http://www.tellurian.com (888)TELLURIAN

"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear" --
Mark Twain