AOL scomp

Edward B. Dreger eddy+public+spam at noc.everquick.net
Thu Feb 24 19:45:53 UTC 2005

> Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:46:20 -0500
> From: andrew2 at ...

> I see the same thing.  At least 2/3rds are spam forwarded along as
> described above.  I have to give some credit to AOL WRT handling that
> type of situation -- they're much better than MSN/Hotmail who do not
> have a whitelist or feedback loop and simply stop accepting mail for
> 12+ hours from any server that reaches a particular spam threshhold.

We now refuse to forward mail that's almost certainly spam.  Users may
POP it, but forwarding is out.

Jared [if you're listening], care to provide an "scomp POC"-type
database on puck?

Eddy
--
Everquick Internet - http://www.everquick.net/
A division of Brotsman & Dreger, Inc. - http://www.brotsman.com/
davidc at brics.com -*- jfconmaapaq at intc.net -*- sam at everquick.net
Ditto for broken OOO autoresponders and foolish AV software backscatter.