Program commitee update

Steve Feldman feldman at twincreeks.net
Tue Feb 22 22:47:14 UTC 2005

This is a status update on the NANOG program committee.

First, I'd like to thank my fellow PC members for selecting
me as the interim chair.  Our primary task and focus for
the next few months will be to ensure the quality of the
agenda for the Seattle meeting, while the broader discussions
on NANOG governance continue.

As always, information on the program committee is available
at http://www.nanog.org/pc.html.  We have setup an alias,
naogpc at nanog.org, which will reach the entire program
committee.  We're happy to receive comments and answer any
questions sent to us, as a group or individually.

Here are a few things you can expect from us over the next
couple of weeks:

- A survey on meeting content

  Many interesting ideas for improving the content and
  format of NANOG meetings were brought up during the
  community meeting in Las Vegas.  This survey is to gauge
  opinion on some of those ideas from the broad community,
  including those of you who don't regularly attend the meetings.

- The Call for Presentations for the May meeting

  Although the structure of the meeting won't be set until
  we've had a chance to review the survey results and other
  input, we encourage everyone with something to contribute
  to prepare a submission.  Feel free to contact me or any
  of the other PC members directly if you'd like informal
  advice or opinions on potential topics.

Finally, on behalf of the entire program committee I would
like to express our appreciation to Susan Harris for the
hard work she has put into keeping NANOG running for the
last seven years.

Most of you have seen only the public-facing aspects of that
role, some of which have now passed to me.  But there is also
a lot that happens behind the scenes to keep NANOG functioning,
and Susan drives most of that.

	Steve