UN Panel Aims to End Internet Tug of War by July

Ross rosshosman at spamarrest.com
Tue Feb 22 13:53:22 UTC 2005

No government will ever have the internet's best intrest in mind
when they talk about controlling it. Luckily government control
has been kept some what to a minimum so far but it's  growing
rapidly and this is another attempt for a government body to
"control" the internet.

I wonder what new rules will be put in place if the ITU gets
control?

I also wonder if the ITU can really take control. What if the U.N.
says the ITU should run the TLD's and ICANN says no?

On Mon Feb 21 18:15:00 PST 2005, Joel Jaeggli <joelja
@darkwing.uoregon.edu=""> wrote:</joelja>

> When I hear Robert Mugabe talk about internet governance I
don't really
> get the impression that he has the interests of the people of
Zimbabwe at
> heart.
>
> joelja
>
> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, Dave Crocker wrote:
>

>> On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 19:45:12 -0500, Scott W Brim wrote:
>>>  >  I'm intrigued at the failure to distinguish
between the web and
>>>  >
>>>  >  email, given that spam is a messaging
phenomenon, not a publishing
>>>  >  phenomenon.
>>>  >
>>>   It's actually a failure to distinguish the web from
the Internet

>> i was probably too cryptic.  yes, they are using the term
'web' to mean 'the internet'.

>> the problem is that professional writing needs to be
careful, and a failure at such a basic level as using web to apply
to email does not bode well for the utility of the article...

joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu