NANOG Changes

Stephen J. Wilcox steve at telecomplete.co.uk
Mon Feb 21 15:06:35 UTC 2005

Arhchive here michael:
http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/nanog-futures/

not sure if its complete yet but i know merit are trying to include the first
few messages

nanog-reform here:
http://mailarchive.oct.nac.net/nanog-reform/maillist.html

again, dont know how complete it is. understand also, the list has been open to
subscriptions, the reason for creating it was to allow a bunch of people to kick
some ideas around before airing them and getting into a mess of discussions much
like what we have now.

we saw this successful in vegas with the community forum and the document on the
nanog-reform site was well put together.

what we have now is what happens when 5000 people try to negotiate which is many
varying opinions, vocal people getting more airtime than they ought to when
their opinions are only their opeinions and nnot necessarily the opinions of any
large group.

some folks need to write a document, propose it, vote on  it and majority
rules.. not everyone will like all of it but its not possible to write a
document that satisfies everyone 100%. i believe thats the aim of the bbylaws
doc - please dont flame it, provide constructive comments, be prepared to
compromise and dont get lost in minutia when the major points have yet to be
fixed.

Steve