NANOG Changes

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 19 04:41:11 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-19 at 01:25 +0000, Paul Vixie wrote:
> I'd like these moderators to stand down from any elected position
> for a period of at least a year from the formation of the new
> permanent governance structure.

Paul makes very good solid points.   One thing that I would add, having
experience in setting up such an organization, is to avoid setting firm
hard-line restrictions against any participation.  I would recommend a
slight modification to Paul's second point.  A current moderator, judged
to be in good standing by his peers, may run unopposed for a vacant, or
to-be vacant, position.  If someone doesn't want that person to be in an
elected position all they have to do is step up to the plate.

It is only in NANOG's interest to have interested people serve.

-Jim P.