ChinaNet Contacts

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Feb 17 19:39:08 UTC 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:09:58 EST, "Hannigan, Martin" said:

> I wouldn't go as far as label it systemic. Both Chinese and
> Korean organizations are participating in some of the behind
> the scenes security/mitigation activities going on and have been
> helpful. Not all. Some.

Yes, however the clue is spread very thin indeed - I'm sure the clued
have their hands full dealing with the *really* egregious issues, and
"yet another compromised host" is too common a case for them to be able
to deal with it.

Those of us who have *enough* trouble keeping our own broadband users
zombie-free should be glad we're not the Korean CIRT staff.  *THEY* got
handed an entire *COUNTRY* full of clueless users on high-speed connections.