NANOG Changes

Gadi Evron gadi at tehila.gov.il
Thu Feb 17 09:14:34 UTC 2005

> Speaking only for myself (and certainly not for Merit):
>
> The NANOG Reform group (http://www.nanog-reform.org), which has already
> gone on record supporting an open and democratic NANOG, was asked for
> volunteers.  I think all three of us are looking at this as a temporary
> assignment until the broader issues of NANOG governance are sorted out.

Perfect, but let's not repeat past mistakes.

Let's set a date for this "temporary government" to expire, and start
discussing how the process of a more permanent "governing" body will be
achieved. I think 3 months is the longest we should decide on (not
consider, the NANOG community has enough considering to do), we can do
it in a month.

I believe this is important enough, either someone who has been here
forever steps forward and volunteers to get the emails of who people
want to see at this headache of a position, or we do it openly on the
list. A poll can be done later on.

	Gadi.