White House may make NSA the 'traffic cop' over U.S. computer networks

Brance Amussen :)_S brance at jhu.edu
Tue Feb 15 21:44:27 UTC 2005

The question...
How soon before all AS owners passing *any* government traffic, will be
required to install "Homeland Security (NSA) taps"? Even if the traffic is
in transit to another AS..
Not all government agencies are on the NMCI.
Somewhere along the line, they are going to say they need taps to maintain
security *premeptive security* that is..
In the interest of Homeland Security I doubt it will be long..

Ugh, the whole thing scares me..

Brance :)_S